Try our healthier version of this classic dish! Swap baked fish instead of deep frying, but keep the flavor with Sweet Smoked Chili Rub and Caramelized Garlic Infused Olive Oil. You'll love our spin on the traditional fish and chips dish.
2 - 3 Russet Potatoes
4 tsp Australian Flake Sea Salt, divided
1 lb White Fish (Cod or Halibut)
¼ cup Flour
3 Large Egg Whites, Whipped
2 tsp Sweet Smoked Chili Rub
1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
Sweet Sriracha Mayo
2 TBSP Mayo
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut potatoes into fries by cutting them in half lengthwise, then cut each half into thirds, and each third in half. Season with 2 tsp salt and olive oil. Bake for 40 minutes, turning halfway through. Remove from the oven and make room for the fish.
- Meanwhile, create a breading station with three shallow bowls. The first bowl with the flour, the second bowl with egg whites seasoned with sweet smoked chili rub, and the third bowl with panko seasoned with 2 tsp salt.
- Cut fish into small 4 inch by 2 inch pieces. Dip fish into flour, then egg whites, then panko. Ensuring that the fish is completely coated during each step. Place fish on baking sheet.
- Bake the potatoes and fish together for another 15 minutes, until the fish is golden brown and flakes easily with a fork.
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients for sriracha mayo together and serve with your fish and chips.