CATEGORY: Main Dish - SERVINGS: 8 - PREP TIME: 20 minutes - COOK TIME: 3 minutes
Popularized most famously by Julia Child in the United States, this French classic is rich and full bodied. Chuck roast is braised in an immaculate red wine sauce to create a tender fall apart beef dish packed with flavor. You’ll feel like you're having dinner at a Michelin Star restaurant when you make this at home.
- 2 Tbsp Butcher’s Blend, divided
- 2 lbs Stewing Beef, cut into ½ -inch cubes, patted dry
- 6 slices Thick-Cut Bacon, diced
- 4 Tbsp Wild Mushroom & Sage Infused Olive Oil, divided
- ½ Yellow Onion, chopped
- 2 Carrots, diced small
- 3 Celery Stalks, diced small
- 2 Tbsp Mediterranean Rosemary Rub & Seasoning
- ¼ cup Flour
- 2 cups Beef Stock
- 2 Tbsp Tarragon Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 cups Red Wine
- 6 Large Mushrooms, sliced
- Parsley, to finish
- Keeping the Butcher’s Blend course season meat liberally with 2 Tbsp.
- In a dutch oven over medium high heat add 2 Tbsp oil, then working in batches brown all sides of the meat, about 1-2 minutes per side. Setting aside meat once browned.
- Add bacon and cook for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add remaining olive oil and let warm then add the onion, carrot, and celery stirring until softened, about 5 minutes. Season with remaining 1 Tbsp of freshly ground Butcher’s Blend and rub.
- Add flour and cook 2-3 minutes to remove the flour taste.
- Add beef stock and vinegar. Stir, scraping the bottom of the pan. Add in wine and meat. Bring to a boil then decrease to a gentle simmer. Let cook for 2 hours.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 30 minutes more or until the meat is tender.
- Top with parsley and serve with potatoes, pasta, or polenta.