CATEGORY: Main Dish - SERVINGS: 6 - PREP TIME: 30 minutes - COOK TIME: 45 minutes
Bring out your inner chef with this classic English dish! Flaky and buttery pastry, umami duxelles, salty prosciutto, and savory beef tenderloin will awaken your taste buds to a true culinary experience.
- 3lb Beef Tenderloin
- 2 Tbsp Butcher’s Blend, plus more to top
- 5 Tbsp Wild Mushroom & Sage Infused Olive Oil, divided
- 1 ½ cups Mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 Slices Bacon, diced
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Mediterranean Rosemary Rub & Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Tarragon Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- 8 Slices Prosciutto
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Sheet Puff Pastry
- 1 Egg
- Pat tenderloin dry and season all over with the Butcher’s Blend.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat and add 3 Tbsp olive oil. Sear all sides of tenderloin, about 2-3 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Put a skillet over medium heat. Add in bacon and cook 5 minutes until browned.
- Add 2 Tbsp olive oil and shallots to pan, cooking until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add in garlic and cook until fragrant, another minute.
- Add mushrooms, cooking until caramelized, about 15 minutes. Season with rub and add in vinegar. Add cream and cook until moisture has evaporated, about 4-5 minutes.
- Lay plastic wrap down and layer with prosciutto, slightly overlapping the pieces. Spread an even layer of mushrooms over the prosciutto.
- Rub tenderloin with mustard and set on prosciutto, wrap tightly and set in the fridge to firm, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile roll out puff pastry on a floured surface large enough to cover the beef tenderloin. Carefully place puff pastry on a large sheet of plastic wrap.
- Unwrap beef tenderloin and place on puff pastry rolling to cover. Twist ends tightly and place in the fridge to firm, another 20 minutes.
- Place tenderloin on a lined baking sheet. Brush pastry with beaten egg and score top of pastry with a knife. Top with a pinch of Butcher’s Blend.
- Roast at 450F until roast reaches 120F, about 18-20 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes before serving.