BLACKENED SALMON SALAD WITH BERRIES & PECANS
Between the greens, salmon, berries, nuts, and olive oil, this salad is a nutritional powerhouse that tastes as delicious as it looks. Blackened salmon pairs beautifully with the sweetness of raspberries and nuttiness of pecans. Finish it with a sweet citrus dressing that will become a favorite for all types of salads. As an added health bonus, studies have shown olive oil to aid in absorption of the healthy omegas in the fish.
Prep Time: 10 minutes - Cook Time: 5 minutes - Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 8 oz Wild Caught Salmon Fillet
- 1 Tbsp Seasoning (Sweet Smoked Chili Rub or Mediterranean Rub)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil (Blood Orange or Tahitian Lime)
- 2 cups Spinach
- 2 cups Berries (Raspberries and Blackberries)
- 1/2 cup Pecans
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil (Blood Orange or Tahitian Lime)
- 1/4 cup Vine Ripened Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt (Lime Fresco or Himalayan)
- Rub salmon generously with seasoning. Heat olive oil in skillet to medium-high and sauté salmon skin side up for 2-3 minutes. Flip salmon and sauté for 2 more minutes. Salmon should by flaky and moist.
- On a platter arrange spinach, berries and pecans. Using a fork, flake salmon and arrange on top of salad.
- Whisk ingredients for dressing and drizzle over salad. Enjoy!