BOURBON SWEET POTATO GRATIN WITH A BACON PECAN CRUMBLE
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Arrange the yams in an 8x8 baking dish. Season liberally with cumin spice sea salt and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté skillet. Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft.
- Deglaze the pan by adding the cold bourbon and allow to cook-off. Add the half & half and roasted coffee rub and cook until hot and bubbly, about 5 minutes. Pour the hot mixture over the yams and set aside.
- Make the crumble by combining all of the crumble ingredients and stirring together with a fork.
- Scatter the crumble atop the yams and transfer to the oven.
- Bake until the yams are cooked throughout, 40-45 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!