BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIBS
Enjoy the rich, savory, and umami flavors of these tender fall-off-the-bone braised beef short ribs. This recipe is the perfect hearty meal for a cool autumn or winter evening or try this dish on your next date night! Serve with creamy polenta, risotto, or pasta to complete the meal.
Prep Time: 20 minutes - Cook Time: 2 hours - Total Time: 2 hours and 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 6
3 Tbsp Black Pepper Olive Oil
6 Beef Short Ribs
1 Tbsp Black Truffle Sea Salt
1 Onion, diced
2 Carrots, diced
2 Celery Ribs, diced
4 Cloves Garlic Diced
1 ½ cups White Wine
1 cup Chicken Broth
¼ cup Miscuglio Italian Dried Herb Blend
14.5 oz can Diced Tomatoes, drained
1 Tbsp Parsley, to finish
2 Tbsp Sweet Basil Balsamic Vinegar
- In a larger dutch oven heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Dry meat and season with Black Truffle Sea Salt. Sear each side of your short ribs in batches making sure to not over-crowd your pan. About 1-2 minutes per side then remove from the pan.
- Add onions, carrots, celery, and cook until soft for about 8-10 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high and add wine to deglaze the pan. Add broth, miscuglio, and tomatoes. Stir to combine then add beef ribs back into the pot. There should be about 1 inch of the shank showing above the liquid.
- Cover pot, bring to a simmer, then set heat to low and cook short ribs for 2-3 hours or until they begin to fall from the bone.
- Top with parsley and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Serve with polenta, pasta, or potatoes.