CHEESY TINGLY WAVY NOODLE BAKE WITH SPICY PORK
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup gochujang
- 1 tablespoon Momofuku Tingly Seasoned Salt
- 1 tablespoon Momofuku Spicy Seasoned Salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 packs Momofuku Tingly Wavy Noodles
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat, then add ground pork. Cook until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Remove and drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of oil in the skillet.
- Add onions and a generous pinch of Kosher salt over medium-high heat and cook for 2–3 minutes, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook for another 15 minutes until completely soft. Return heat to medium-high and add garlic for 1 minute.
- Stir in gochujang for about 1–2 minutes until the color has deepened but not burned. Add Momofuku Tingly Seasoned Salt, Momofuku Spicy Seasoned Salt, sugar, and ground pork back to the skillet and stir to combine. (This is your sauce base and could easily be made in advance then reheated when you’re ready to assemble the dish.)
- Add 4 cups of water and Tingly Wavy Noodle sauce packets, then nestle noodles within the liquid. Bring the liquid to a boil, and cook for about a minute, long enough that you’re able to separate the noodles within the pot. Place in the oven and roast for 5–7 minutes, until the noodles are cooked and the dish is bubbling.
- Turn broiler to high and position your rack at the top. Broil noodles for 2 minutes until they are starting to crisp. Remove from the oven, top with cheese, then broil for another 1–2 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and golden.
- Serve immediately with sliced scallions and finish with a sprinkle of Tingly Seasoned Salt and Spicy Seasoned Salt.