TANGERINE CHICKEN TERIYAKI
This chicken teriyaki recipe is a favorite! The touch of honey to create the sweet, salty sauce, making it easily fit into paleo dietary restrictions. Delicious over rice, quinoa, or salad greens.
Prep Time: 30 minutes - Cook Time: 15 minutes - Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 2-4 servings
- 2 Boneless Chicken Breasts or Thighs
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce (or Tamari)
- Orange Zest, for finishing
- Green Onions, chopped
- Sprinkle the salt over the chicken and let sit for at least 30 minutes at room temperature.
- In the meantime, prepare the teriyaki sauce by mixing honey, vinegar, and soy sauce in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed frying pan over high heat.
- Brown the chicken 3-5 minutes per side until cooked through and golden.
- Add the teriyaki sauce to the skillet with chicken. Let this mixture boil, while flipping the chicken repeatedly to coat evenly.
- The chicken teriyaki is done when most of the liquid has evaporated and the sauce forms a thick glaze around the chicken.
- Slice the chicken and pour the remaining teriyaki sauce over the top. Serve over rice with a sprinkle of orange zest and green onions. Enjoy!