The use of the Brown Butter Infused Olive Oil gives you a light - never dense - churro. These Churro Bites use a small star piping tip to not only give a fun shape, but also add more surface area for even more crispy churro crunch!
- 4 ½ Tbsp Brown Butter Infused Olive Oil, plus more for frying
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp plus ¼ cup French Toast Sugar Shaker, divided
- 1 cup Water
- ½ tsp Vanilla Bean Sea Salt
- 1 cup Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Crème Brûlée White Barrel Aged Balsamic
CHOCOLATE DIPPING SAUCE
- 4 oz Dark Chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp French Toast Sugar Shaker
- In a medium saucepan over high heat combine Brown Butter Infused Olive Oil, sugar, 1 Tbsp French Toast Sugar Shaker, water, and Vanilla Bean Sea Salt and bring to a boil.
- Take the pan off the heat and add in flour and stir until dough forms. Add back to the heat and keep stirring until it forms a ball and pulls away from the sides, about 1 minute.
- Let dough cool for about 5 minutes before adding eggs to prevent the eggs from scrambling. Using a mixer on medium speed, add eggs one at a time. Add the Crème Brûlée White Barrel Aged Balsamic and mix until incorporated.
- In a dutch oven heat 1-2 inches of Brown Butter Infused Olive Oil to 370F (about medium high heat). Add dough to a piping bag with a small star tip. Use a large star tip to make traditional sized churros.
- Pipe dough into a circular disks in oil and fry on each side until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove churros and let excess oil drip off, then toss in remaining ¼ cup French Toast Sugar Shaker. Place on a wire rack with paper towels underneath to cool.
- Add chopped dark chocolate to a bowl. In a small pot bring heavy cream to just boiling ,remove from heat and pour over chocolate, whisking until melted. Whisk in 1 tsp French Toast Sugar Shaker.
- Serve Churros with dipping sauce and enjoy!