CATEGORY: Dessert - SERVINGS: 6 - PREP TIME: 0 minutes - COOK TIME: 60 minutes
Don’t let this french dessert intimidate you! This easy recipe is the perfect dessert to wow dinner guests. The addition of our Tarragon Balsamic Vinegar gives this dish a pleasant tanginess we didn’t know we’d love so much!
- 4 cups Heavy Cream
- 6 Sprigs Fresh Tarragon, plus more to garnish
- 6 Tbsp Sugar, plus more to top
- 6 Large Eggs Yolks
- 2 Tbsp Tarragon Balsamic Vinegar
- Fresh Berries, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 325F. In a small saucepan bring the heavy cream and tarragon to a light simmer, careful not to boil the mixture.
- Meanwhile whisk together the sugar and eggs until well combined and eggs begin to lighten in color.
- Remove the tarragon sprig from the cream with a spider strainer. Add ¼ cup of the hot cream to the eggs while whisking to temper the eggs, then whisk in the remaining cream. Add vinegar and stir to combine.
- Pour the cream into ramekins that are preferably wide and shallow. Place ramekins into a large baking dish. Fill the baking dish with hot water halfway up the ramekin, careful not to get water in the cream.
- Add to the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until crème brûlée is set but slightly jiggly in the middle.
- Remove from the oven, let cool slightly before refrigerating for at least two hours.
- Before serving add 2-3 tsp sugar to the top of the crème brûlée and brown using a kitchen torch. If you don’t have a kitchen torch broil on high 2-3 minutes or until golden
- Garnish with berries and tarragon.