CATEGORY: Side Dish | SERVINGS: 4 | PREP TIME: 15 minutes | COOK TIME: 35 minutes
This colorful rice and bean dish is flavorful enough on its own or is a great side dish! Fresh bell pepper, savory garlic, and spicy red onion and jalapeño pair with our zesty and bright Key Lime Infused Olive Oil and Mojito Balsamic.
- 2 Tbsp Key Lime Infused Olive Oil
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, small diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced small
- 1 Jalapeño, diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Mojo Citrus Seasoning Salt, freshly ground
- 1 Tbsp Mojito White Barrel Aged Balsamic, plus more for finishing
- 1 cup Long Grain White Rice, rinsed well
- 14.5 oz Canned Black Beans, rinsed
- ¼ cup Cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup Green Onions, chopped
- In a large skillet, heat the Key Lime Olive Oil over medium and add the onions, bell pepper, jalapeño, and garlic. Sauté until onions are translucent, about 6 minutes.
- Season with Mojo Citrus Seasoning Salt and Mojito Balsamic. Add in rinsed rice and stir, let cook until rice begins to toast, about 5 minutes.
- Add in chicken stock and black beans and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and cover with a tight fitting lid, let sit until rice is tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and stir in cilantro. Top with green onions and a drizzle of the Mojito Balsamic. Enjoy!