- 12 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup grated or crumbled cheese, varies based on choice of fillings
- ½ cup ham, diced
- ½ cup bell peppers, diced
- ½ cup bacon, diced
- ½ cup diced green chilies
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes, julienned
- ¼ cup spinach, chopped
Heat a sous vide water bath to 172°F.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper together.
Add the cheese of your choice, along with the optional fillings based on the flavor combination you’d like in your egg bites. (See flavor combinations in the notes below.)
Pour the egg mixture into six 4 oz mason jars.
Screw the lids on the mason jars just tight enough so they’re closed, but do not tighten any further than that.
Place the mason jars into the sous vide machine or into a large pot or dutch oven with a sous vide stick attached.
Set the sous vide cooking time for 1 hour.
After 1 hour, use tongs to remove the mason jars from the sous vide water bath.
Remove the lids from the mason jar and either eat the egg bites directly from the jar or remove the egg bites from the jar and serve on a plate.
- Recommended flavor combinations:
- ½ cup red bell pepper + ½ cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- ½ cup diced ham + ½ cup diced green bell peppers + ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup chopped, cooked bacon + ½ cup shredded gruyere cheese
- ½ cup diced green chilies + ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese + 1 tsp hot sauce
- ¼ cup julienned sun dried tomatoes + ¼ cup chopped spinach + ½ cup feta cheese crumbles
- These egg bites can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week. To reheat the egg bites from the refrigerator, place them under the broiler on low in the oven for 1-2 minutes or in a microwave for 30-60 seconds.
- These egg bites can be stored in the freezer for up to 6 months. To reheat them directly from the freezer, place them back in a sous vide water bath at 140°F for 15 minutes or reheat in the microwave for 2 minutes or under the broiler on low in the oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Nutritional information is based on just the sous vide egg bites, using shredded cheddar cheese. Any additional fillings are not included in the nutritional information provided.
- These egg bites are keto compliant and gluten free.