CATEGORY: Breakfast | SERVINGS: 1 | PREP TIME: 30 minutes | COOK TIME: 30 minutes
Starchy plantains have so much to offer in this fun breakfast stack! Fried plantains, spicy crema, salty ham, and creamy fried egg make this dish so delectable you’ll have to get seconds!
Ingredients for the Fried Plantains:
Ingredients for the Spicy Mojito Crema:
- ½ Avocado
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- ¼ Jalapeño
- 1 Tbsp Key Lime Infused Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Mojito White Barrel Aged Balsamic
- 1 Tbsp Water
Ingredients for the Breakfast Plate:
- ½ cup Diced Ham
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup Red Onion, sliced
- ½ Avocado, sliced
- To make the fried plantains, in a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp Key Lime Olive Oil over medium low heat. Add plantain slices in an even layer and cook 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown. Set on a paper towel to drain. Set the skillet aside.
- In a blender or food processor add ingredients for crema and pulse until smooth.
- Bring the skillet back to medium heat and add in ham, cook until crispy, about 5-6 minutes. Drain fat from pan, reserving 1 Tbsp fat for the egg.
- Add the egg and cook until the edges begin to set, cover the pan and cook until whites are set and yolk is still runny.
- Assemble the stack by layering plantains, ham, and egg. Top with cilantro, red onion, avocado, and a drizzle of the Spicy Mojito Crema.