Thick, silky, and rich! If you haven’t had Italian style hot chocolate you’re in for a real treat! This recipe does not skimp out on the chocolate flavor, but is so simple to make. Tell your hot chocolate mix goodbye.
- 4 oz High Quality Dark Chocolate (60% Cacao recommended), chopped
- 1 ½ cups Whole Milk, divided
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Brownie Batter Sugar Shaker, plus more for finishing
- 1 Tbsp Water, warm
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- ½ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tbsp Crème Brûlée White Barrel Aged Balsamic
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat add chopped chocolate and whole milk. Whisk until chocolate is melted.
- Add in sugar and Brownie Batter Sugar Shaker and stir until dissolved.
- Whisk warm water and cornstarch together ensuring there are no clumps, add to hot chocolate.
- Whisk until thickened, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl whisk heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form. Whisk in Crème Brûlée White Barrel Aged Balsamic.
- Pour hot chocolate into mugs and top with whipped cream. Sprinkle with more Brownie Batter Sugar Shaker and enjoy!
Italian Style Hot Chocolate or Cioccolata Calda is nothing like American style hot chocolate. Think of it like chocolate soup, Italian Style Hot Chocolate is thick, creamy, and much richer! Enjoyed during the cooler months and sometimes even eaten with a spoon, this can be served as a beverage or dessert.