CATEGORY: Soup - SERVINGS: 6 - PREP TIME: 10 minutes - COOK TIME: 35 minutes
This creamy soup is the perfect meal to make on a cold night. Pair this soup with your favorite bread and you’ll have one delicious comfort meal.
- 2 Tbsp Wild Mushroom & Sage Infused Olive Oil
- 2 Leeks, diced
- 2 Celery Ribs, diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- ¼ cup Tarragon Balsamic Vinegar
- 8 Medium Yukon Gold Potatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Butcher’s Blend, freshly ground
- 3 Tbsp Mediterranean Rosemary Rub & Seasoning
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- Crispy Bacon, to serve
- Parsley, to serve
- In a large dutch oven or stock pot heat olive oil over medium high heat and add in leeks and celery. Sauté until softened, 6-7 minutes.
- Add in garlic, cook until fragrant about 1 minute. Add vinegar to deglaze pan and stir scraping up any browned bits.
- Add the potatoes, butcher’s blend, rub, and broth. Bring soup to boil and reduce to a simmer, let soup cook until potatoes are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender or food processor to blend soup until smooth. Return soup to pot if using a food processor and add heavy cream, bring to a simmer.
- Top with crumbled bacon and parsley before serving.
How to Cut a Leek:
- Slice off where the leek starts to turn dark green and splinters off. Discard or use for soups and stalks.
- Cut the leek in quarters, starting about ½” from the bottom to keep the leek intact. Rinse under cold water to remove any trapped dirt or sand.
- Thinly slice leeks and discard the very bottom. You are now ready to cook your leek.