White wine, lemon juice, and capers bring to life a bright, crisp, and salty pasta sauce. The subtle lemon and pepper flavor of the pasta is brought out by this delicious sauce. Serve with chicken or fish and add a side of grilled asparagus for a gourmet style weeknight dinner.
1lb Lemon & Black Pepper Pasta
1 Pasta Rock
2 Tbsp Sicilian Lemon Olive Oil
¼ cup Shallot, minced
1 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
1 cup White Wine
1 Lemon, zested
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp Olive Tapenade Dried Herb Blend
1 Tbsp Black Tellicherry Pepper Grinder
½ tsp Roasted Garlic Sea Salt
1 Tbsp Capers
2 Tbsp Butter
1 Tbsp Parsley, to serve
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil over high heat. Season with 1 pasta rock according to package directions. Add pasta and cook to package directions. Set pasta aside.
- Meanwhile in a medium saute pan heat lemon oil over medium heat and saute shallot until soft- about 3-4 minutes.
- Add flour and cook roux, careful not to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add white wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, tapenade, pepper, and salt. Cook until sauce thickens- about 5 minutes.
- Finish sauce with butter and capers.
- Add pasta to saute pan and toss until pasta is coated in sauce and dish is warm, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with fresh parsley.