For the pie dough:
- In a bowl, combine 3 cups flour, salt and baking powder. Mix in Blood Orange Olive Oil and vinegar, mixing into coarse crumbs. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. With your hands, gently but quickly, knead the dough just until combined, adding more flour if dough feels too soft or ice water (1 Tbsp at a time) if dough is too dry. Flatten into a disk shape and wrap with plastic wrap. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly coat 4 wells of a muffin tin or 4 ramekins with Avocado Oil.
- Cut pears in half lengthwise. With a spoon, core the seeded area out to create a well for filling.
- In a bowl, combine the dipper, salt, brown sugar, maple syrup, pecans, and ginger for filling.
- Spoon the filling mixture into both halves of each pear and place back together. Place each pear on the center of a dough disk. Wrap the dough up and around the pears to enclose.
- Place each pastry-wrapped pear into the prepared muffin tin. Decoratively cut leaves out of the extra piece of dough and place atop the pears to finish. Using a paring knife, cut a few small slits around the top for air to escape while baking.
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg and milk. Brush the egg wash on each of the pies. Finish with a sprinkle of sugar & spice dipper.
- Bake until the crust is golden brown, about 15-20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes and then carefully remove from pan. Enjoy warm or at room temperature!