MEDITERRANEAN EGGPLANT & TOMATO STACK
This recipe includes all the great Mediterranean flavors that veggie lovers will enjoy! Finished with a mouthwatering Olive Tapenade spread and garnished with fresh basil.
Prep Time: 20 minutes - Cook Time: 40 minutes - Total Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 4-6 People
- ¼ cup Olive Tapenade Dried Herb
- 1 tsp Dark Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- 1 Tbsp Traditional Olive Oil
- ¾ cup Panko Breadsticks
- 1 Large Eggplant, sliced ¼” thick
- 2 Large Eggs, beaten
- 2 Large Tomatoes, sliced ¼” thick
- 8 ounces Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ cup Grated Parmesan or Romano Cheese, divided
- 1 Tbsp chopped Fresh Basil Leaves
- Preheat the oven to 375℉.
- Prepare Olive Tapenade with ¼ cup hot water, dark balsamic vinegar, olive oil and set aside.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with dipper and set aside.
- Soak each eggplant slice in the beaten eggs and dredge in breadcrumb mixture until each side is coated.
- Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in pan, once hot add eggplant slices and fry for 1-2 minutes until each side is coated.
- Arrange eggplant on a baking sheet or dish. Layer eggplant with one slice of mozzarella cheese and top with a tomato slice. Sprinkle with Parmesan or Romano cheese. Cover with foil. Bake 40 min.
- Remove foil and spoon Olive Tapenade over the top of each eggplant. Bake, uncovered, 5 min.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and garnish with fresh basil.