MEXICAN QUINOA STUFFED PEPPERS
Looking for the perfect appetizer or side that is filling, fun, and impressive? Look no further! Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Peppers are super easy and are a great way to make your guests believe you have been slaving away for hours! The best part is… these stuffed peppers can be used as an appetizer, side, OR main dish.
Prep Time: 10 minutes - Cook Time: 40 minutes - Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 2 cups Dry Quinoa
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Diced Tomatoes
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans Tomato Sauce, divided
- 1 Tbsp Hot Sauce
- 6 Red or Yellow Bell Peppers, cored and tops removed
- Pecorino or Queso Blanco Cheese, for topping
- Sauté onions and garlic in chili oil until translucent. Add quinoa and toast for 3 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes, 3/4 of the tomato sauce, and salt. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and stir in hot sauce.
- Stuff peppers with quinoa mixture and top with remaining tomato sauce. Bake covered at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with cheese, and bake for an additional 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve and enjoy!