CATEGORY: Main Dish | SERVINGS: 8 | PREP TIME: 12 hours | COOK TIME: 3 hours
Pork shoulder is marinated in a lively mix of fresh cilantro, orange juice, garlic, Key Lime Olive Oil, Mojito Balsamic, and Mojo Citrus Seasoning Salt. Cooked until ultra tender, this pork is then shredded and pairs perfectly with rice and beans or on a Cubano Sandwich.
- 1 Bunch Cilantro Leaves
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp Key Lime Infused Olive Oil
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp Mojito White Barrel Aged Balsamic
- 4 Large Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Mojo Citrus Seasoning Salt, plus more for seasoning
- 3 Oranges zested and juiced
- 2-3 lb Pork Shoulder
- 1-2 cups Chicken Stock, if needed
- To a blender add cilantro, ¼ cup Key Lime Olive Oil, ¼ cup Mojito Balsamic, garlic, 1 Tbsp Mojo Citrus Seasoning Salt, orange zest and juice. Blend until cilantro is finely chopped.
- Add pork to a ziploc bag and pour marinade over it. Marinate overnight preferably, but at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Add pork to a Dutch oven with marinade. If needed, pour enough chicken stock into the pot so that the pork is covered halfway up in liquid.
- Transfer to the oven and cook uncovered for 15 minutes, then lower the heat to 350F and cover the pork with a lid. Cook the pork, turning every half hour, until the pork is cooked through and tender, about 3 hours.
- Let rest 15 minutes before shredding. Toss pork in 1 Tbsp Key Lime Olive Oil and 1 Tbsp Mojito Balsamic. Season to taste with more freshly ground Mojo Citrus Seasoning Salt if needed.