PANZANELLA TUSCAN BREAD SALAD
This Italian classic is a great way to put old bread to use. High quality oil and vinegar are a necessity in this dish since they soak up into the bread and compliment the veggies. Use it as an appetizer, side dish, or make it the main course.
Prep Time: 15 minutes - Cook Time: 0 minutes - Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 Baguette (day old is okay)
- 4 Tomatoes
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 1/2 English Cucumber, seeds removed
- 1/2 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 6 Basil Leaves, chiffonade cut
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper fresh ground
- Cut the bread, tomatoes, pepper, and cucumber into 1", bite-size pieces. Arrange in a serving bowl. Add the onion (thinly sliced) and basil (chiffonade cut). In order to cut the basil chiffonade style, lay the basil leaves one on top of another in a stacking fashion. Roll them up like a tortilla, then slice it along the roll. The basil will unroll and leave you with beautiful strands to decorate your dish.
- Drizzle the bread and veggies with the Dark Balsamic Vinegar of Modena and toss to coat all the ingredients evenly. Finish by drizzling with your best Extra Virgin Olive Oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Let sit at least 30 minutes before enjoying. This will allow the oil and vinegar to soak into the break, improving flavor and consistency.