CATEGORY: Side - SERVINGS: 6 - PREP TIME: 10 minutes - COOK TIME: 60 minutes
Thinly sliced and perfectly seasoned potatoes, creamy gruyere bechamel, topped with crunchy panko. The perfect side dish for any occasion!
- 2lbs Russet Potatoes
- 1 Tbsp plus 2 tsps Butcher’s Blend, freshly ground
- 4 Tbsp Wild Mushroom & Sage Infused Olive Oil, divided
- 1 Shallot, small dice
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 Tbsp Tarragon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 ½ cups Gruyere Cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup Panko
- 1 tsp Mediterranean Rosemary Rub & Seasoning
- Parsley, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Cut potatoes into ⅛” slices. In a baking dish, layer potatoes in a shingle-like pattern and stand them up slightly. Season potatoes with 1 Tbsp Butcher’s Blend, making sure to separate potatoes to season in between them.
- In a saucepan over medium heat add 2 Tbsp olive oil and shallots, cook 2-3 minutes until shallot is soft.
- Add 2 Tbsp of flour and cook for another 2 minutes to remove the flour flavor. Slowly add milk while whisking constantly. Season with 2 tsps Butcher’s Blend, vinegar, and 1 cup cheese, stirring until cheese is melted.
- In a small bowl combine bread crumbs, ½ cup cheese, and rub. Crumble panko mixture over gratin.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender and slightly browned.
- Top with parsley and serve.