CATEGORY: Side - SERVINGS: 8 - PREP TIME: 5 minutes - COOK TIME: 25 minutes
This savory dutch oven bread produces a soft bread, perfect for serving with oil and vinegar, pâtés and tapenades, or soaking up your saucy plate!
- 1 cup Lukewarm Water (95F-110F)
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 2 ½ tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 3 Tbsp Wild Mushroom & Sage Infused Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Butcher’s Blend, freshly ground
- 1 Tbsp Mediterrean Rosemary Rub & Seasoning
- 2 ½ cups Flour, plus more for kneading
- In a large bowl add water, sugar, and yeast. Set aside until bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- Add in olive oil, Butcher’s Blend, rub, and flour and mix until a ball forms. Roll out dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead 5-10 minutes until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a towel. Let rise in a warm area until doubled, 1-2 hours.
- Punch down on the dough then on a floured surface shape into a round ball. Lay dough on a piece of parchment and cover with a towel. Let rise again until doubled in size, 1-2 hours.
- Place dutch oven in your oven and set it to 450F to preheat. Once the dough is ready, remove the dutch oven and lower heat to 400F.
- Carefully place the dough ball with parchment paper into the dutch oven. If desired, use a sharp knife to score the top of the bread.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes with the lid on, until the bread is golden and sounds hollow when tapped.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.