The new air fryers are gaining a lot of popularity this year! A healthier, faster alternative to traditional deep frying, we have brought in two different models of the air fryer from one of our favorite company's, Cuisinart.
Today we are sharing our current favorite recipe from Blue Jean Chef using the Cuisinart Air Fryer.
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 pound extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sweet Thai chili sauce
- 2 to 3 teaspoons sriracha hot sauce
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- green leaf lettuce leaves for serving
- Set up a dredging station for the shrimp. Combine the flour, salt and freshly ground black pepper in a zipper sealable plastic bag; beat the eggs together in a medium bowl; and combine the breadcrumbs and cornstarch in a shallow dish or cake pan. Add the shrimp to the bag of flour, seal the bag and toss the shrimp around to coat them evenly with the flour. Remove the shrimp from the bag, shake off any excess flour and gently toss them with the egg to coat on all sides. Finally, add the shrimp to the breadcrumbs in small batches and gently press the crumbs onto all sides of the shrimp.
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Spritz the shrimp with canola oil and air-fry in batches at 400ºF for 6 minutes. Turn them over, spritz with oil again and air-fry an additional 2 minutes.
- While the shrimp is air-frying, combine the mayonnaise, sweet Thai chili sauce and 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce in a large bowl, whisking until smooth. Season to taste, adding more sriracha sauce to suit your spice level.
- Before serving, load all the air-fried shrimp into the air fryer and air-fry at 370°F for 1 to 2 minutes just to heat everything.
- Transfer the hot air-fried shrimp to the bowl with the bang bang sauce. Gently toss with a rubber spatula to evenly coat the shrimp and then transfer to a serving platter lined with lettuce leaves. Top with chopped scallions and serve immediately.