Recipe by Tricia Leach of Keep Your Daydream (Olivelle-ized by Brie Thompson)
Created by Keep Your Daydream's Tricia Leach and Olivelle-ized by Olivelle owner Brie Thompson the Verde Chop is a salad that is jam packed full of flavor! Perfect to throw together and bring camping or hiking, bring for a BBQ, or a wonderful addition to your weeknight meal planning!
For the Dressing:
1/2 cup Avocado Oil
1/4 cup Jalapeno Lime Balsamic
1 Tsp Honey
1 Tbsp Sweet Smoked Chili Rub
1 tsp Lime Fresco Sea Salt
For the Chicken:
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
2 Tbsp Sweet Smoked Chili Rub
1 Tbsp Lime Fresco Sea Salt
1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
1 Tbsp Jalapeno Lime Balsamic
For the Salad:
1 Red Pepper, chopped
4 Green Onions, sliced
1/4 Red Onion, diced
1 cup Sugar Snap Peas, sliced
1 Jalapeño, chopped (stem and seeds removed)
1 head Cilantro Leaves (about 1 cup)
2 Tbsp fresh Mint leaves, chopped
1/4 cup Crumbled Goat Cheese
1/2 cup Cashews, chopped
- In a Pressure Cooker, add the farro, water, avocado oil, and sea salt. Cook on the rice setting. Once done, add the chopped cilantro stems and lime zest. Set aside. Note: if you don’t have a pressure cooker, cook on the stovetop according to package directions.
- While the farro is cooking, chop the veggies.
- In a dressing shaker or mason jar, mix the dressing ingredients together. Taste and add more seasoning if needed.
- To prepare the chicken, season liberally with the rub and sea salt. Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat with the avocado oil. Once hot add the chicken and cook 6-7 minutes per side, until cooked throughout. Finish with a drizzle of Jalapeño Lime Balsamic and cook 1 more minute so the balsamic can caramelize. Remove from the heat, chop, and set aside.
- Arrange the Verde Chop by spooning the farro out evenly in a bowl or on a platter. Top with the chopped veggies, goat cheese, and cashews. Finish with chicken and a drizzle of dressing. Enjoy!