CATEGORY: Sandwich | SERVINGS: 2 | PREP TIME: 10 minutes | COOK TIME: 15 minutes
This ham and cheese style sandwich was created by Cuban immigrants in Southern Florida. Soft bread, hearty ham and roasted pork, spicy dijon, tangy pickles, and creamy swiss are toasted in lots of butter for a truly delicious sandwich!
- ½ cup Butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp Key Lime Infused Olive Oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp Mojito White Barrel Aged Balsamic
- 1 tsp Mojo Citrus Seasoning Salt, freshly ground
- 1 Loaf Cuban Bread preferred, or Soft Baguette Style
- 4 tsp Dijon Mustard, divided
- 6 Long Slices of Pickles, divided
- 6 Ham Slices, divided
- ⅔ cup Mojo Roasted Pork, divided
- 4 Slices Swiss Cheese, divided
- In a bowl mix butter, Key Lime Olive Oil, Mojito Balsamic Vinegar, and Mojo Citrus Herb Blend until combined. Cut bread in half to make two sandwiches, then cut in half lengthwise to open the bread. Brush 1 Tbsp of butter per each inside piece of bread.
- Heat a cast iron skillet to medium and toast the inside of the bread until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- To assemble the sandwiches, slather each piece of bread with 1 tsp dijon mustard then layer with 3 slices pickles, 3 ham slices, ⅓ cup roasted pork, and 2 slices swiss cheese.
- Brush 1 Tbsp of butter on the outside top and 1 Tbsp on the outside bottom of each sandwich.
- Heat a panini press to 375F. Add in sandwich and cook until bread is toasted and cheese is melted, about 6-7 minutes. Enjoy!