Fresh cucumber along with tangy Cucumber Vinegar takes this coleslaw to a whole new level. This recipe will make you question why you used to eat coleslaw drenched in mayonnaise. Amazingly fresh with our fish taco recipe, bbq meats, or as a base to Asian marinated chicken.
Prep Time: 20 minutes - Cook Time: 0 minutes - Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1/4 cup Cucumber White Balsamic
- 1/4 cup Sicilian Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sea Salt (Citrus Dill or Lime Fresco)
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 Small Red Cabbage
- 1/2 Small Green Cabbage
- 1 Carrot, shredded
- 1/2 English Cucumber, seeds removed and julienne cut
- Zest of 1/2 Lemon
- In a large bowl, whisk together the honey and vinegar. Drizzle in the olive oil while whisking. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove tough outer leaves and core from the cabbages. Thinly slice.
- Toss the cabbage, shredded carrot, cucumber, and lemon zest with the dressing. Toss to coat.
- Serve immediately as a salad, or store in the fridge overnight for a slaw that’s more pickled.