This dish speaks to Italian flavors with classic tangy and sweet marinara sauce served with herbaceous garlic & basil pasta. This dish is perfect for those that love a classic plate of pasta with red sauce. Use this marinara sauce as inspiration when you need a red sauce for other dishes like chicken parmesan, lasagna, or pizza sauce.
Prep Time: 15 mins- Cook Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes- Total Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes Yield: Serves 6
- 2 Tbsp Caramelized Garlic Olive Oil
- ½ Yellow Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 28 oz Canned Crushed Tomatoes
- 6 Basil Leaves, plus more to finish
- 2 Tbsp Misculgio Dried Herb Blend
- 1 Tbsp Black Garlic Sea Salt
- ⅓ cup Parmesan, plus more to finish
- 1 Package Garlic & Basil Pasta
- 1 Pasta Rock
- In a large sauce pan heat olive oil over medium heat and add onion cooking until translucent, about 6 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes, basil, miscuglio, and salt. Reduce heat to low and simmer for at least 1 hour.
- Remove basil and add parmesan to sauce. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until parmesan is well combined.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil over high heat. Season with 1 pasta rock according to package directions. Add pasta and cook to package directions. Cover pasta and set aside.
- Serve dish with desired portion of pasta, sauce, and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and chiffonade basil.